TND Podcast Exclusive: Welcome To Dystopia #24
The Brexit referendum upended markets and sent politicos into a lather. But now that central bankers have been able to restore some semblance of calm to financial markets, you’re being told there’s nothing to see here, move along…
Fact is, there’s no way around a bailout of the European banking system. “Doc” and I broke the story about the bail-in model and published our report on SilverDoctors.com. We noted at the time that the bail-in model would never work, and that it would only serve as a tactical band-aid to apply to specific, small institutions, or small fires burning within specific economies, as we later saw demonstrated with the bail-in of Cyprus bank deposits. Beyond band-aids, the bail-in model isn’t worth a hill of beans. Get ready, European tax payer, because you’re about to socialize banker losses (and Americans, who will be on the hook, over time, with Fed swap lines that are hidden and, if not unwound, add to the Fed’s balance sheet). Welcome to dystopia.
On this episode, Jason and I dive into a free-wheeling discussion about a number of topics. Right at the outset, we address what’s going on with precious metals, post-Brexit, and we place that into the context of the EU banking crisis. We address:
1) Japanese Savers Flooding to Physical Gold http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07…
2) China planning to use more than $300 billion in saver’s pension fund capital for a bailout/Plunge Protection Team of their stock market http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07…
3) Ben Bernanke visits Abe and Kuroda in Japan to discuss a new 10 trillion Yen “helicopter money” plan in next stage of Abenomics.
4) The more than $12 trillion in global government bonds that now have negative interest rates.
5) Bitgold/Gold Money, and the significance of Peter Schiff joining forces with the company (click here for Peter Schiff’s interview with Josh Crumb).
1) Hillary Clinton for getting off the FBI hook;
3) Congresswoman Corrine Brown, advocate for the poor and disadvantaged communities stealing from her charities set-up to benefit those very same constituents (link)
4) Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton this week! All along, we knew he was a hypocrite. He never attacked Hillary with anything but token jabs, as he discussed big picture economic policy issues, for the most part. Bernie never let Hillary feel any “burn” of any significance regarding her role as a war mongering wench for the military industrial complex and the interests of empire, and he defended her regarding her email scandal, which in turn, is a tacit defense of her involvement in turning Libya and Syria into hell-holes. Progressive Bern-bots loved to speak of Bernie as offering a kinder, gentler foreign policy. But actions speak louder than words, and Bernie never took serious punches at Hillary because he knew he would never get elected, and because in the final analysis, he’s a creature of the Democratic Party establishment, all anyone that couldn’t see that – particularly after he defended Hillary – has simply been deluded with wishful thinking.
# # # #